After removing the word “Mi” on all of its new products, Xiaomi is also rebranding the CC line with the introduction of the new Xiaomi Civi.
The Xiaomi Civi is a premium midrange phone featuring a Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G processor and a sleek, curved OLED screen with a fast 120Hz refresh rate.
Unlike its camera-centric cousins with 108-megapixel sensors, this one only has a 64-megapixel main shooter. If we’re lucky, a Pro model might come out later with a better camera.
Other notable features include a 55W fast wired charging support, stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio, an attractive pink colorway, and an ultra-thin and light design.
The Xiaomi Civi will be available in China this September 30. It starts at CNY2,599 (around Php20,600) for the 8GB/128GB, CNY2,899 (around Php22,900) for the 8GB/256GB, and CNY3,199 (around Php25,300) for the top-tier 12GB/256GB model. Release details in the Philippines are yet to be known.
Xiaomi Civi Specs
- Android 11, MIUI 12.5
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 6.55-inch FHD+ OLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 402ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling
- 10-bit, DeltaE, HDR10+, DCI-P3, 950-nits peak brightness
- 2.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G octa-core processor
- 8GB/12GB RAM
- Adreno 642L GPU
- 128GB/256GB internal storage, non-expandable
- 32-megapixel front camera
- 64-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + 8-megapixel (f/2.2, ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras, dual-LED flash
- Under-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6
- Bluetooth 5.2
- dual-band GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- IR blaster
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 6.98mm
- Weight: 166g
- Colors: Black, Blue, Pink
- 4,500mAh non-removable battery, 55W fast charging