Vivo has introduced a new 5G phone meant for the mid-range market called the Y76 5G.
The Vivo Y76 5G is a cheaper alternative to the Y76s that came out earlier this month. This one is powered by a Dimensity 700 processor in lieu of the Dimensity 810 CPU. And since it’s coming outside of China, it will ship with Android11-based FuntouchOS 12, instead of OriginOS.
This device also ships with a sharper 16-megapixel camera, twice what the Y76s model has. Plus, an additional 2-megapixel depth sensor.
Other than that, everything else is the same. It has a standard 6.58-inch FHD+ display, 44W fast charging, and a very sharp 50-megapixel main camera. Camera features like Dual-View Video and Ultra Stable Video are present.
It ships with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. Like a lot of phones today, it comes with a virtual RAM expansion feature that adds 4GB to the memory from the internal storage.
The chipset has what Vivo calls a five-dimensional liquid cooling system, which can apparently drop the temps by up to 10 degrees.
Those who are in Malaysia can get the Vivo Y76 5G for RM1,299 (around Php15,600). Release details in other markets are yet to be known.
Vivo Y76 5G Specs
- Android 11, Funtouch OS 12
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.58-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2408 x 1080 pixel resolution, 401ppi
- 2.2GHz MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM, +4GB via virtual RAM expansion
- Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Single loudspeaker, Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Blueooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.8 x 75 x 7.8mm
- Weight: 175g
- Colors: Cosmic Aurora, Midnight Space
- 4,100mAh non-removable battery, 44W fast charging