The Vivo Y53s 5G has been introduced in China as its latest budget-friendly 5G-equipped smartphone.
Bringing the latest connectivity feature to the Vivo Y53s 5G is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 octa-core processor. Despite being in the 400-series, Vivo is positioning this device in the midrange category considering all the other specs and features it has.
The Y53s comes with a generous 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. An 8GB/256GB variant is also available. There’s also a decent 5,000mAh battery that charges via an 18W Type-C charger.
There’s a notch on the top for the 8-megapixel main camera, while on the back, we only have two shooters. We’re fine with only having dual cameras, but they should have made the second one ultra-wide instead of a macro. Thankfully, the main camera has a sharp 64-megapixel sensor.
The Vivo Y53s has a price of CNY1,799 (around Php13,400) for the 8GB/128GB a CNY1,999 (around Php14,900) for the 8GB/256GB. It will be available in China starting June 11.
Vivo Y53s 5G Specs
- Android 11, OriginOS 1.0
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.58-inch IPS display, 2408 x 1080 pixel resolution, 401ppi
- 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 5G octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- Adreno 619 GPU
- 128GB/256GB internal storage
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 64-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, bDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164 x 75.3 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 186g
- Colors: Blue, Silver, Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W charging