Vivo Philippines subtly brought the new Y52 5G in the country via Globe Telecom.
The new Vivo Y52 5G is powered by the trusty MediaTek Dimensity 700 processor, the same chipset powering a lot of budget-friendly 5G phones in the market. The website didn’t mention if it will also come with virtual RAM expansion, as it only comes with 4GB of memory and 128GB of storage.
Like the chipset, the rest of the specs sheet looks pretty standard. There’s a 6.58-inch FHD+ display, side-mounted fingerprint scanner, 48-megapixel main camera, and 5,000mAh battery with 18W charging.
The device is devoid of a high refresh rate display panel and a stereo speaker setup. On the upside, it does come with a superlinear speaker at the bottom that’s said to offer clean and powerful sound. It also comes with NFC that you can use to reload your Beep Card or to use for contactless payments and pairing accessories.
You can get the Vivo Y52 5G in the Philippines via Globe’s postpaid plans, where it’s available for free starting with the GPLAN 1299.
Vivo Y52 5G Specs
- Android 11, Funtouch OS 11.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.58-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2408 x 1080 pixel resolution, 401ppi
- 2.2GHz MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (f/1.8) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- FM radio
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.95 x 75.30 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 193g
- Colors: Graphite Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging