Vivo Philippines recently launched the Y15s, a new entry-level smartphone.
The Vivo Y15s offers a quite refreshing design with its clean colors and vertical lines. But other than that, everything else on this phone is quite basic.
It’s powered by the aging MediaTek Helio P35 octa-core processor, with 3GB of RAM, and 32GB of expandable storage. It does run on the toned-down Android 11 Go Edition so it runs as smooth as possible despite the underwhelming hardware. It can also borrow 1GB from the ROM for an extra RAM boost when needed.
We then have a typical 6.51-inch HD+ IPS display, 13-megapixel main camera, and 8-megapixel front-facing shooter. It even uses the old microUSB port. Thankfully, it does have a generous 5,000mAh battery.
The Vivo Y15s is available at physical stores for Php6,999. You can get it in two colors: Wave Green and Mystic Blue.
Vivo Y15s Specs
- Android 11 Go Edition, Funtouch OS 11.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.51-inch HD+ IPS display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, 269ppi
- 2.3GHz MediaTek Helio P35 octa-core processor
- 3GB RAM
- PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 32GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel (f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Dimensions: 163.9 x 75.2 x 8.28mm
- Weight: 179g
- Colors: Mystic Blue, Wave Green
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 10W charging