Vivo Philippines just launched the Y15A as an addition to its entry-level line-up.
The Vivo Y15A features a large 5,000mAh battery, which you can also use as a power bank with its reverse wired charging feature. Like most newly released phones, it also has virtual RAM expansion tech that adds 1GB of virtual memory from the 4GB physical one by borrowing from the storage. Other than those, everything else is pretty basic about this device.
It has all the specs you’d expect from a budget phone. There’s a 6.51-inch FullView screen with an HD+ resolution, a MediaTek Helio P35 octa-core processor, and ships with an Android 11-based Funtouch OS 11.1 operating system.
The aforementioned large battery is only coupled with a 10W charger and plugs via the old microUSB port.
For the cameras, we have an 8-megapixel sensor for video calls and selfies. Around the back, there’s a 13-megapixel main shooter and a 2-megapixel for portrait shots.
Lastly, for a cleaner look, the Y15A has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner that also works as a lock/power button.
The Vivo Y15A has a price of Php7,999 and is now available in Vivo stores both offline and online. If you want something cheaper, you can check out the Y15s, which is essentially the same but with 3GB RAM and half the storage capacity.
Vivo Y15A Specs
- Android 11, Funtouch OS 11.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.51-inch HD+ IPS display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, 269ppi
- 2.3GHz MediaTek Helio P35 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel (f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, GALILEO, GLONASS, BDS
- FM radio
- microUSB, OTG
- Dimensions: 163.96 x 75.2 x 8.28mm
- Weight: 179g
- Colors: Mystic Blue, Wave Green
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery,10W charging, Reverse wired charging