Vivo just released the Y01. While we already know the series is meant for the entry-level market, the specs list still feels a bit underwhelming.
The Vivo Y01 is powered by a MediaTek Helio P35 octa-core processor. You know, the same chipset powering a whole lot of budget phones since 2018. You can pair it with either 2GB or 3GB of RAM, while there is no other storage options than the 32GB. On the upside, its microSD card slot can accommodate up to 1TB capacity.
Everything else is something you’d expect. There’s a 6.51-inch HD+ screen, 5-megapixel selfie snapper, and runs on the efficient Android 11 Go Edition. Some markets will get an 8-megapixel rear camera, while some will get 13-megapixels. No secondary shooter, though. A fingerprint scanner was also omitted.
On the upside, the design looks and feels a little refreshing. The circles on the camera island are quite striking. There are also design lines that look like light beams from a stage event.
The official price and availability for the Vivo Y01 are yet to be announced. If it ever makes it to the Philippines, it should only be around Php5,000 or less.
Vivo Y01 Specs
- Android 11 Go Edition, Funtouch OS 11.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.51-inch HD+ IPS display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, 269ppi
- 2.3GHz MediaTek Helio P35 octa-core processor
- 2GB/3GB RAM
- IMG PowerVR GE8320
- 32GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 1TB
- 5-megapixel front camera
- 8/13-megapixel rear camera, LED flash
- Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- FM radio
- microUSB, OTG
- Dimensions: 163.96 x 75.2 x 8.28mm
- Weight: 178g
- Colors: Sapphire Blue, Elegant Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 10W fast charging