Vivo has introduced a new midrange device in China called the S10e. Whether it will arrive in other markets like the Philippines or not are yet to be known as of now. In the meantime, let’s take a look at this 5G-enabled device.
There’s nothing seems so special about the new Vivo S10e, other than it’s powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 900 chipset. That’s more powerful than most of the recent Chinese phones we’ve seen recently.
The chipset is coupled with 8GB of RAM, and an option between 128GB and 256GB of storage. At 4,000mAh, it doesn’t have the biggest battery, but it should be enough to give enough longevity while keeping it thin and light. It’s juiced by a fast 44W charger.
Going for the old waterdrop notch instead of the modern punch-hole for the 32-megapixel selfie camera is quite odd, especially since it has a fancy 6.4-inch FHD+ AMOLED panel.
The design on the back is similar to the Y33s, V21 series, and other Vivo smartphones in the past. It has a glass with a tiny lip for the branding. It houses a 64-megapixel main camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide, and 2-megapixel depth sensor.
Pre-orders for the Vivo S10e will start on October 20 in China. Price starts at CNY2,399 (around Php18,900) for the 8GB/128GB model, while the 8GB/256GB variant is at CNY2,599 (around Php20,600).
Vivo S10e Specs
- Android 11, OriginOS 1.0
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.44-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 2404 x 1080 pixel resolution, 409ppi
- 2.4GHz MediaTek Dimensity 900 5G octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- Mali-G68 MC4 GPU
- 128GB/256GB UFS 2.1 internal storage, non-expandable
- 32-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 64-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, dual-LED flash
- Under-display fingerprint scanner
- Single loudspeaker
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 7.5mm thickness
- Weight: 175g
- Colors: Aurora, White, Black
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, 44W fast charging