TECNO Mobile now has a 5G phone, the Pova 5G, and like its cousins, it features amped-up specs and features.
The TECNO Pova 5G gets its modern connectivity feature from the MediaTek Dimensity 900 octa-core processor. It’s paired with a generous 8GB of RAM and fast 128GB UFS 3.1 storage.
This feature-packed smartphone also boasts an enormous 6.95-inch FHD+ IPS display with a fast 120Hz refresh rate and 180Hz touch sampling rate for responsiveness. There’s a punch-hole cutout for the selfie camera with its own dual-LED flash.
The gigantic display is paired with an equally large 6,000mAh battery, so you can browse on 5G without running out of juice fast. Albeit, it only comes with a regular 18W fast charger. A full charge will take hours, but the company claims a quick 15-minute charge can already give 3 hours of gaming time.
Speaking of gaming, the device features what TECNO calls Panther Engine, which is essentially a software that optimizes the system for gaming.
On the back, we also have a sharp 50-megapixel main camera, joined by a 2-megapixel depth sensor and an AI lens. It also comes with a pill-shaped quad-LED flash.
The TECNO Pova 5G has a price of USD289 (around Php14,500). Availability details, especially in the Philippines, are yet to be announced.
TECNO Pova 5G Specs
- Android 11, HiOS
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 6.95-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2460 x 1080 pixel resolution, 386ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling
- 2.4GHz MediaTek Dimensity 900 5G octa-core processor
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Mali-G68 MC4
- 128GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 16-megapixel front camera, dual-tone flash
- 50-megapixel + 2-megapixel + AI lens rear cameras, Quad-LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 172.82 x 78.24 x 9.07mm
- Colors: Aether Black
- 6,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging