TECNO Mobile subtly launched the new Camon 16 SE in the Philippines.
The TECNO Camon 16 SE is an entry-level smartphone with a quad-camera setup in a cross layout inside a large square glass. It highlights a 48-megapixel main shooter, two 2-megapixel sensors, and a dedicated AI lens. No ultra-wide. Completing the layout is the LED flash. While below the cameras are is the fingerprint scanner.
It features TAIVOS, or the TECNO AI Vision Optimization Solution, an image processing and enhancement feature exclusive to the Camon series.
TAIVOS is used in features like the Ultra Night Portrait, HDR Portrait, Eye Focus, AI Scene Recognition 3.0, AI Beautification 4.0 tailored for those with dark skin, and more. 120fps slow-mo photography is also present.
The 16-megapixel selfie camera is on the top left corner, peaking from a punch-hole cutout on the front. The screen itself is an enormous 6.8-inch HD panel. An equally large 5,000mAh battery is also present.
Under the hood, the Camon 16 SE is powered by a gaming-centric MediaTek Helio G70 octa-core processor, with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. On the downside, it settles for a microUSB port.
The TECNO Camon 16 SE has a price of Php7,990 in the Philippines and now available in partner stores nationwide.
TECNO Camon 16 SE Specs
- Android 10, HiOS 7.0
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.8-inch HD+ IPS display, 1640 x 720 pixel resolution, 263ppi
- 2.0GHz MediaTek Helio G70 octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM
- Mali-G52 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel + 2-megapixel + 2-megapixel + AI lens rear cameras, dual-tone LED flash
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- FM Radio
- Dimensions: 170.9 x 77.2 x 9.2mm
- Colors: Purist Blue, Cloud White, Misty Grey
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging