Sharp is taking camera photography to another level with the new Aquos R6.
Unlike most flagship phones today, the Sharp Aquos R6 only has a single camera on the back. Still, it’s one of its best features. The single shooter uses a large 1-inch sensor. Renowned camera maker and known smartphone collaborator Leica helped develop the camera from the R&D, lens, and software to improve image quality.
This large sensor can take 20-megapixel images. It’s accompanied by an f/1.9 aperture and a 7P lens with a 19mm equivalent. The large sensor should take great images in low-light, high dynamic range, and low noise levels.
The primary camera is joined by a ToF sensor and a single flash. Sadly, it lacks optical image stabilization (albeit EIS is on board), a telephoto lens, and ultra-wide.
On the front, there’s a punch-hole on the middle for a 12-megapixel selfie snapper.
The rest of the specs are proper flagship features. It is the first to use a curved 6.67-inch Pro IGZO OLED panel that can do 1Hz-240Hz dynamic refresh rate. It also has curved glass on the back, water and dust proofing, a surprisingly generous 5,000mAh battery, and of course, today’s top-tier Snapdragon 888 processor with 12GB of RAM and 128GB of storage.
As per usual, the Sharp Aquos R6 will be initially available in Japan. IT will arrive in Docomo and NTT sometime in June, with the price yet to be announced.
Sharp Aquos R6 Specs
- Android 11
- Dual SIM
- 6.67-inch WUXGA+ Pro IGZO OLED display, 2730 x 1260 pixel resolution, 450ppi
- 1Hz-240Hz dynamic refresh rate
- 2.84GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 octa-core processor
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Adreno 660 GPU
- 128GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 1TB
- 12-megapixel front camera
- 20-megapixel (1-inch sensor, f/1.9, EIS) + 12-megapixel (ToF) rear cameras, LED flash
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- Dedicated Google button
- Water and dust proof
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6e, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 162 x 74 x 9.5mm
- Weight: 207g
- Colors: Black, White
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery