The Samsung W series is a line of fancy smartphones that have stayed exclusive in China. We may not get it here, but it’s still interesting to see what they have out there, especially now that it has a new member, the W22 5G.
This new Samsung W22 5G is essentially a custom version of the Galaxy Z Fold 3. As if the standard version is not fancy enough, Samsung and China Telecom teamed up to create this lavish product.
There’s a sturdy and elegant design. The sturdiness already came from the actual Z Fold 3 and its IPX8 water resistance rating. The elegance came from, well, also the device it’s based on, but now with a touch of gold on the textured spine and the Chinese words on the back that translates to “Heart of the World”.
This is the Phantom Black color by the way, which compliments the gold accents.
Besides the looks, the Samsung W22 5G has 16GB of RAM — 4GB more than the standard version — and 256GB of storage. It comes with a matching S Pen and has a price of CNY16,999 (around Php133,700) in China. Meanwhile, you can get the Z Fold 3 in the Philippines for a starting price of Php87,990. You can read our full review to learn more about it.
Samsung W22 5G Specs
- Android 11, One UI 3.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 7.6-inch QXGA+ Super AMOLED foldable screen, 2208 x 1768 pixel resolution, 374ppi, 120Hz adaptive refresh rate
- 6.2-inch HD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2x display, 2268 x 832 pixel resolution, 387ppi, 120Hz refresh rate
- 2.84GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 octa-core processor
- 16GB RAM
- Adreno 660 GPU
- 256GBUFS 3.1 internal storage
- 4-megapixel under-display front camera
- 10-megapixel cover camera
- 12-megapixel (OIS, f/1.8, dual-pixel AF) + 12-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 12-megapixel (2x telephoto, OIS) rear cameras, LED flash
- IPX8 water resistant
- S-Pen support
- Fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 158.2 x 67.1 x 16mm (folded), 158.2 x 128.1 x 6.4mm (unfolded)
- Weight: 271g
- Colors: Black/Gold
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus, Armor Aluminum frame
- 4,400mAh non-removable battery