Samsung kept the name and released the Galaxy M21 2021 Edition.
The Samsung Galaxy M21 2021 Edition is a follow-up to last year’s Galaxy M21. We do understand Samsung’s move to use the same name since it’s barely an upgrade to its predecessor.
It’s still powered by an Exynos 9611 processor, has a 6.4-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED screen, and an enormous 6,000mAh battery.
The only noticeable change here is the design in the back. It also has a slightly better 48-megapixel Samsung GM2 sensor. Due to its aging processor, Samsung had to use its Android 11-based One UI 3.1 Core operating system, instead of the standard One UI 3.1.
Those who are in India can get the Samsung Galaxy M21 2021 Edition for a price of INR12,499 (around Php8,400) for the 4GB/64GB and INR14,499 (around Php9,800) for the 6GB/128GB. It will go on sale this July 26 through Samsung’s online store, Amazon, and physical stores in India. Its release details in markets like the Philippines are yet to be known.
Samsung Galaxy M21 2021 Edition Specs
- Android 11, One UI 3.1 Core
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.4-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution 403ppi
- 2.3GHz Exynos 9611 octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 20-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (GM2, f/2.0, PDAF) + 8-megapixel (f/2.2, ultra-wide) + 5-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- FM Radio
- USB Type-C
- Colors: Arctic Blue, Charcoal Black
- 6,000mAh non-removable battery, 15W charging