Samsung has finally revealed more details about its cheapest 5G-enabled smartphone, the Galaxy A42 5G.
The Samsung Galaxy A42 5G is powered by the latest Snapdragon 750G processor, the same chipset found on the Mi 10T Lite, which enables its 5G connectivity. It’s paired with 4GB RAM and 128GB of internal storage. Keeping the lights on is a decent 5,000mAh battery with 15W fast charging.
Update 11/27/20: The Galaxy A42 5G has is now available in the Philippines through Globe and Smart.
We then have a 6.6-inch Super AMOLED screen on the front with an Infinity-U notch for the 20-megapixel selfie camera. But since it’s a budget phone, it appears to only have an HD+ resolution, instead of the usual FHD+ panels that we see on other 5G-enabled smartphones.
We then have the unique design on the back that’s available in Prism Dot White, Prism Dot Gray, and Prism Dot Black. There’s a square camera layout for the four shooters, which is led by the 48-megapixel main sensor.
See also: 5G smartphones in the Philippines
The Samsung Galaxy A42 5G has a price of EUR349 (around Php19,900) and will be available in the United Kingdom on November 6. Its release details in other markets, like here in the Philippines, is yet to be revealed.
Samsung Galaxy A42 5G Specs
- Android 10, One UI
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED display
- 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- Adreno 619 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 1TB
- 20-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (f/1.8) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.2) + 5-megapixel (macro, f/2.4) + 5-megapixel (macro, f/2.4) rear cameras, LED flash
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- NFC, Samsung Pay
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164.3 x 75.8 x 8.6mm
- Weight: 193g
- Colors: Prism Dot White, Prism Dot Gray, Prism Dot Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 15W adaptive fast charging