The Galaxy A12 arrives in Russia with a bizarre new name: the Samsung Galaxy A12 Nacho.
We’re not sure if Samsung wants to entice the fans of the popular Mexican snack, but it is what it is. Besides the change to an Exynos 850 processor from Helio P35, the Samsung Galaxy A12 Nacho is similar to the initial model, which is actually available in the Philippines for a starting price of Php7,990.
That said, it has the same 6.5-inch HD+ screen, a generous 5,000mAh battery, and 15W charging.
There’s a quad-camera setup on the back that consists of a 48-megapixel main shooter, 5-megapixel ultra-wide, and obligatory 2-megapixel sensors.
The Samsung Galaxy A12 is now available on the company’s Russian website. It’s also available on MTS, Megafon, and Beeline. Price starts at RUB11,990 (around Php8,200) for the 3GB/32GB, RUB13,990 (around Php9,600) for the 4GB/64GB, and the top-tier 4GB/128GB is at RUB16,990 (around Php11,700).
Samsung Galaxy A12 Nacho Specs
- Android 10, Samsung One UI
- Dual SIM, dual standby
- 6.5-inch TFT HD+ display, 1560 x 720 pixel resolution, 264ppi
- 22.0GHz Exynos 850 octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (f/2.0) + 5-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- 4G LTE
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164 x 75.8 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 205g
- Colors: Blue, Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 15W fast charging