The Xiaomi sub-brand has introduced a new member of its popular midrange line, the Redmi Note 11 4G.
As the name suggests, the Redmi Note 11 4G uses an LTE-only chipset compared to the vanilla Note 11, which actually came with a Dimensity 810 5G chip. This one is powered by an Helio G88 processor, a gaming-centric CPU made for budget smartphones.
To keep things interesting, the device boasts a smooth 90Hz refresh rate on its 6.5-inch FHD+ display. It’s dynamic too, so it dials back to 45Hz or 60Hz automatically depending on the task in hand to save battery.
Another highlight feature is the pixel-packed 50-megapixel main shooter. Unlike other budget phones, it gets to have an 8-megapixel ultra-wide lens. We also have a 2-megapixel macro shooter — all usable cameras, so no depth sensor.
The Note 11 4G boasts a capable 5,000mAh battery to keep the lights on, which is juiced by an included 22.5W power adapter, but the support is actually limited to 18W. Oh, and there’s the 9W reverse wired charging feature if you want to use it as a power bank to top-up a friend or other accessory.
Design is similar to its cousins, which means there’s a distinct camera bump on the back, a punch-hole for the selfie camera, and a side-mounted fingerprint scanner. Xiaomi also went above and beyond and included a stereo speaker setup, as well as the standard-issue IR blaster to control non-smart appliances.
The Redmi Note 11 4G has a starting price of CNY999 (around Php7,900) for the 4GB/128GB model and CNY1,099 (around Php8,700) for the 6GB/128GB variant. It will be available in China this December 1, while release details in markets like the Philippines are yet to be announced.
Redmi Note 11 4G Specs
- Android 11, MIUI 12.5
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.5-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 404ppi
- 45Hz/60Hz/90Hz adaptive refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling
- 1500:1 contrast ratio
- 2.0GHz MediaTek Helio G88 octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- Mali-G52 GPU
- 128GB eMMC 5.1 internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (f/1.8) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (macro, f/2.4) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Stereo speakers, Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 161.95 x 75.53 x 8.92mm
- Weight: 181g
- Colors: White, Black, Blue
- 5,000mAh battery, 18W charging support, 22.5W adapter included, 9W reverse wired charging