Xiaomi just unveiled the Redmi K50 Gaming as the first member of an upcoming series.
The Redmi K50 Gaming is the first to come with a Mercedes AMG Petronas Edition model as a result of Xiaomi’s partnership with the popular Formula One racing team. Also, it goes without saying that the gaming device will have top-tier specs.
With the K50 Gaming, you’re getting a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, which is currently one of the most powerful mobile chipsets in the market. It also comes with a dual vapor chamber cooling system with a 4860mm2 placed on top of the chipset and a smaller 845mm2 in the charging area.
Speaking of charging, the device comes with an ultra-fast 120W charging support, which is said can provide a full top-up on its 4,700mAh battery for only 17 minutes.
All its power is presented on a fast and gorgeous 6.67-inch AMOLED screen with an FHD+ pixel resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, and 480Hz touch sampling for responsive gaming. For audio, we have JBL-tuned stereo speakers.
For the best gaming experience, the device comes with shoulder game triggers on the right side. Xiaomi also included its latest CyberEngine x-axis haptics motors for a more tactile feel.
The cameras are pretty beefed up, too, but nothing too exciting. There’s a standard 64-megapixel main sensor, 8-megapixel ultra-wide, and a 20-megapixel camera on the front.
Out of the box, the device runs on the latest Android 12-based MIUI 13. For lag-free gaming, there’s 5G connectivity and WiFI 6E. NFC is also on board.
The Redmi K50 Gaming starts at CNY3,299 (around Php26,700) for the 8GB/128GB variant. There’s also the 12GB/128GB variant that has a price of CNY3,599 (around Php29,100) and 12GB/256GB for CNY3,899 (around Php31,600). If you want something fancier, the 12GB/256GB variant also comes with a limited-edition Mercedes AMG F1 model for CNY4,199 (around Php34,000). Its official availability details here in the Philippines are yet to be known.
Redmi K50 Gaming Specs
- Android 12, MIUI 13
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.67-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 395ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- HDR 10+, DCI-P3, MEMC
- 3.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 octa-core processor
- Dual vapor chamber cooling
- 8GB/12GB RAM
- Adreno 730 GPU
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, non-expandable
- 20-megapixel (IMX 596) front camera
- 64-megapixel (IMX 686, f/1.7, PDAF) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras, dual-LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Dual gaming triggers
- JBL-tuned stereo speakers
- Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio, Hi-Res wireless
- No headphone jack
- CyberEngine X-axis haptics
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6e, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NavIC, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- IR Blaster
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 162.5 x 76.7 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 210g
- Colors: Black, Grey, Blue, Mercedes AMG F1 Edition
- 4,700mAh non-removable battery, 120W fast charging