The popular Realme number series gets a new member with the Realme 9 SE.
Unlike other “SE” branded devices, the Realme 9 SE actually translates to “Speed Edition” and as per the specs sheet, it’s more powerful than the Realme 9 and 9 Pro.
That said, this one is powered by a Snapdragon 778G processor, versus the Pro’s Snapdragon 695 chipset.
What’s more, it boasts an ultra-sharp 144Hz refresh rate, while the Pro settles for 120Hz.
It looks like Realme me is marketing it towards budget mobile gamers rather than amateur photographers like the Pro model.
That said, it has a less impressive camera with its 48-megapixel main shooter, while the Pro has 64-megapixels. It also lacks an ultra-wide lens.
The Realme 9 5G SE starts at INR19,999 (around Php13,700) for the 6GB/128GB base model while the 8GB/128GB is at INR22,999 (around Php15,700). It will be available in India starting March 14. No word yet if it’s coming to other markets.
Realme 9 SE 5G Specs
- Android 11, Realme UI 2.0
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.6-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2412 x 1080 pixel resolution, 400ppi
- 144Hz refresh rate
- 2.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 5G octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- Adreno 642L
- 128GB UFS 2.2 internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Single loudspeaker
- Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dualb-and
- Bluetooth 5.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164.4 x 75.8 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 199g
- Colors: Azure Glow, Starry Glow
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 30W fast charging