After the Pro series, the vanilla Realme 9 5G has been finally unveiled.
The Realme 9 5G comes out a month after the Pro series was introduced. Like its bigger siblings, this one now also has 5G connectivity thanks to the MediaTek Dimensity 810 chipset, which you can pair with either 4GB/64GB or 6GB/128GB RAM and storage configuration.
While it’s been toned down, the device still comes with a decent set of specs. There’s a standard 6.5-inch screen with a sharp FHD+ resolution and smooth 90Hz refresh rate.
Around the back, we have a 48-megapixel main camera, joined by a macro and depth sensor. Sadly, no ultra-wide.
The battery is quite standard, too. There’s a 5,000mAh battery joined by an 18W charger.
On the software side, the device still ships with Android 11-based Realme UI 2.0. Being a new device, it should receive the latest Android 12 update in the near future.
The Realme 9 5G will be available in India on March 14, while the release details in the Philippines are yet to be announced. The device is priced at INR14,999 (around Php10,200) and INR17,499 (around Php11,900) for the 4GB/64GB and 6GB/128GB models, respectively.
Realme 9 5G Specs
- Android 11, Realme UI 2.0
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.5-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 405ppi
- 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling
- 600-nits peak brightness
- 2.4GHz MediaTek Dimensity 810 5G octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB RAM, up to 11GB via Dynamic RAM Expansion
- Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 64GB/128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (f/1.9, PDAF) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Single loud speaker, Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 162.6 x 74.8 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 188g
- Colors: Stargaze White, Meteor Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging