Realme has introduced the 8s 5G, the first smartphone to be powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 810 octa-core processor.
The Realme 8s 5G will also feature Dynamic RAM Expansion, where you can virtually increase the memory capacity up by 5GB by borrowing from the internal storage.
Being a new processor, the Dimensity 810 features a couple of modern features like 5G, dual-band Wifi, and Bluetooth 5.1.
Everything else looks pretty packed. There’s a smooth 90Hz 6.5-inch screen and a fast 33W fast charging for the 5,000mAh battery.
It looks like the device has a quad-camera setup, but it actually only has three. There’s the 64-megapixel main shooter and two 2-megapixel sensors. Sadly, there’s no ultra-wide.
For a cleaner look, Realme put the selfie camera on a punch-hole on the top left of the screen for a cleaner look. The fingerprint scanner also doubles as a lock/power button for a more streamlined layout.
The Realme 8s 5G starts at INR17,999 (around Php12,200) 6GB/128GB and INR19,999 (around Php13,600) for the 8GB/128GB model. They will be available in India starting September 13, while release details on other markets are yet to be known.
Realme 8s 5G Specs
- Android 11, Realme UI 2.0
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.5-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 405ppi
- 2.4GHz MediaTek Dimensioty 810 5G octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 64-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + 2-megapixel (f/2.4, macro) + 2-megapixel (f/2.4, depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Single loudspeaker, Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.8mm
- Weight: 191g
- Colors: Blue, Purple
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 33W fast charging