The Realme 8i has been announced featuring an ultra-sharp 50-megapixel main camera.
Like the also-new Realme 8s 5G, it’s also the first two use a brand new processor from MediaTek. The Realme 8i got first dibs on the new MediaTek Helio G96 octa-core processor. It’s a budget CPU made for gaming, albeit still lacks 5G connectivity. Virtual RAM Expansion is also here, where you can add up to 5GB of virtual memory by borrowing from the internal storage.
Realme makes up for the lack of 5G by amping-up the rest of the specs. There’s the ultra-fast 120Hz 6.6-inch screen, as well as a really sharp 50-megapixel main camera.
The battery has a 5,000mAh capacity, but capped at a decent 18W charging support. The shiny design on the back is reminiscent to the Realme 6 from years ago, with the 2×2 square camera layout identical to the 8s 5G that it came with.
Those who are in India can get the Realme 8i for a price of INR13,999 (around Php9,500) for the 4GB/64GB base model and INR15,999 (around Php10,900) for the 6GB/128GB. Sale starts on September 14, while release details in the Philippines are yet to be known.
Realme 8i Specs
- Android 11, Realme UI 2.0
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.6-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2412 x 1080 pixel resolution, 400ppi
- 2.05GHz MediaTek Helio G96 octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- Virtual RAM Expansion
- Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164.1 x 75.5 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 194g
- Colors: Purple, Blue
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging