Xiaomi’s sub-brand, POCO, adds another soldier in the entry-level battlefield with the new POCO C31.
The new POCO C31 is a budget smartphone all the way while maintaining to outshine some of its competition. It’s powered by a MediaTek Helio G35 processor, with 4GB of RAM, and 64GB of expandable storage.
There’s a tall 20:9 aspect ratio screen on the front, with a 5-megapixel selfie camera on top of it.
The triple camera setup is on the back. It’s a 2×2 layout consisting of a 13-megapixel main shooter, two 2-megapixel sensors, and an LED flash. Unlike its cousins, the POCO logo is smaller on this one.
Unlike most budget phones, Xiaomi took the time to make the C31 durable. It features rubber seals and P2i nano-coating to keep it safe from water splashes, dust, and moisture.
With its humble hardware, POCO says the battery can last for up to two days on a single charge. It can also withstand 1,000 charge cycles before the battery starts degrading. Sadly, it runs on last gen’s Android 10 OS, but POCO promises a clean experience with no ads and tons of customizations and personalizations.
The POCO C31 has a price of INR8,499 (around Php5,800) for the 3GB/32GB variant and INR9,499 (around Php6,500) for the 4GB/64GB. It will be available in India via Flipkart starting October 2.
POCO C31 Specs
- Android 10, MIUI 12
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.53-inch HD+ IPS display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, 269ppi
- 2.3GHz MediaTek Helio G35 octa-core processor
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 32GB/64GB eMMC 5.1 internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 5-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel (f/2.2, PDAF) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- WiFI 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- FM Radio
- Dimensions: 164.9 x 77.1 x 9mm
- Weight: 194g
- Colors: Royal Blue, Shadow Gray
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 10W charger