OPPO has introduced its very first foldable phone, the Find N.
After teasing a couple of foldable phone prototypes, the Chinese company was finally able to launch a market-ready one. Apparently, the OPPO Find N was the fruit of six iterations over the past four years.
The layout is quite similar to the Galaxy Z Fold 3. There’s an outer, smaller display that’s only 5.49-inch in size. It’s an AMOLED panel with a standard 60Hz refresh rate.
It then has a 7.1-inch inner foldable screen. It uses a custom Serene Display with 12-layers, has a Flexion Ultra Thin Glass, and is apparently “next to no crease” even after being folded 200,000 times.
This screen uses an LTPO AMOLED panel, with a dynamic refresh rate that can go from 1Hz to 120Hz, a touch sampling of up to 1,000Hz, factory calibration, and up to 1,000-nits of brightness.
OPPO also highlights its complex Flexion Hinge, which operates with 136 components. This allows the device to fold cleanly without gaps and, as per TUV, make the crease 80% less noticeable. Like the Z Fold 3, it has a FlexForm mode, which lets you orient it like a laptop for different use-case scenarios.
Around the back, we have a design similar to Find X3 Pro. There’s the seamless camera bump that houses the 50-megapixel IMX766 main sensor, 16-megapixel ultra-wide, and a 13-megapixel telephoto.
Having two screens, the device also has two selfie cameras, one for each display.
Under the hood, it’s powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888. Not the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, but learning that it’s been in development for years, we’ll cut them some slack. After all, it’s still one of the most powerful chips around, and partnered with its generous 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, it will allow you to multitask to take advantage of the large display.
As for the battery, it comes with a 4,500mAh capacity and has support for 33W SuperVOOC wired and 15W AirVOOC wireless charging. You can also use it to charge other devices using its 10W reverse charging feature.
The OPPO Find N starts at CNY7,699 (around Php60,800) for the 8GB/256GB base model, while the 12GB/512GB variant is at CNY8,999 (around Php71,000). No word yet if it will arrive in markets like the Philippines.
OPPO Find N Specs
- Android 11, ColorOS 12
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 7.1-inch LTPO foldable AMOLED display, 1920 x 1792 pixel resolution, 370ppi, 8:4:9 aspect ratio
- 120Hz refresh rate, 1,000-nits peak brightness
- Flexion Hinge, Flexion Ultra Thin Glass, Serene Display with 12-layers
- 5.49-inch AMOLED outer display, 1972 x 988 pixel resolution, 401ppi, 18:9 aspect ratio
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- 2.84GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 octa-core processor
- 8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Adreno 660 GPU
- 256GB/512GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, non-expandable
- 32-megapixel outer camera
- 32-megapixel front-facing camera
- 50-megapixel (IMX766, omnidirectional PDAF, OIS, f/1.8) + 13-megapixel (2x telephoto, PDAF, f/2.4) + 16-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.2) rear cameras, dual-tone flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Stereo speakers, No headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 132.6 x 140.2 x 8.0mm (unfolded) / 132.6 x 73 x 15.9mm (folded)
- Weight: 275g
- Colors: Purple, White, Black
- 4,500mAh non-removable battery, 33W SuperVOOC, 15W AirVOOC, 10W reverse charging