A new A-series smartphone from OPPO was introduced in Japan. This is the new OPPO A55s 5G.
The OPPO A55s 5G is a midrange release powered by the trusty Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 processor. The CPU is joined by 4GB of RAM and 64GB of expandable storage.
Despite the entry-level CPU, the A55s comes with a 90Hz refresh rate on its 6.5-inch FHD+ screen.
Keeping the lights on is a decent 4,000mAh battery. The charging speed was not mentioned, but the website was honest enough to mention that fast charging is not supported. We suspect it’s at least at 10W. It also lacks a fingerprint scanner but does come with face unlock.
As for the cameras, the A55s features a 13-megapixel main shooter and an obligatory 2-megapixel depth sensor.
The color options look quite clean and minimalistic. It only comes in green and black color, with the former having a very calm look to it. The device also has IP68 certification for water resistance.
Those living in Japan can get the OPPO A55s 5G JPY32,800 (around Php14,400) starting November 26.
OPPO A55s 5G Specs
- Android 11, ColorOS 11
- Dual SIM, dual standby
- 6.5-inch FHD+ LCD display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 405ppi
- 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling
- 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- Adreno 619 GPU
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel (f/2.2) + 2-megapixel rear cameras, LED flash
- IP68 water resistance
- Face unlock
- Loudspeaker, Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 162.1 x 74.7 x 8.2mm
- Weight: 178g
- Colors: Black, Green
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery