OPPO brought the new A16 in the Philippines as its latest entry-level offering.
Introduced abroad back in July, the OPPO A16 features a 3D curved-edge body with a shiny back panel. It has a respectable weight of 190g and 8.4mm thickness.
There’s a traditional 6.52-inch HD+ screen on the front, with the standard waterdrop notch for the selfie camera.
While on the back, we have three shooters with a 13-megapixel main sensor, and two 2-megapixel cameras.
Like a lot of budget phones, it has a generous 5,000mAh battery, which the company claims can play YouTube videos as long as 21.02 hours. If you’re only at 5%, you can stretch the battery under the Super Power Saving Mode where you can still take 1.84 hours of call time.
Under the hood, the A16 has a MediaTek Helio G35 processor. It comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage, while the website says that the cheaper 3GB/32GB option is coming soon.
The OPPO A16 has a price of Php7,999. It is now available in OPPO stores across the Philippines.
OPPO A16 Specs
- Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.52-inch HD+ IPS display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, 269ppi
- 2.3GHz MediaTek Helio G35 octa-core processor
- 3GB/4GB LPDDR4X RAM
- IMG GE8320 GPU
- 32GB/64GB eMMC 5.1 internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 13-megapixel (f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (mono) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.8 x 75.6 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 190g
- Colors: Crystal Black, Space Silver, Pearl Blue
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery