Before the industry fully switches to the latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, Motorola is releasing another device powered by last gen’s Snapdragon 888 Plus, the Edge S30.
Introduced alongside the Edge X30 and X30 Special Edition, the Motorola Edge S30 could still be considered as a high-end device. Besides its powerful processor, it also has a fast 144Hz refresh rate on its 6.8-inch panel. However, it’s only IPS instead of AMOLED.
It also comes with an ultra-sharp 108-megapixel main camera, 13-megapixel ultra-wide, and a 16-megapixel selfie snapper.
The device then comes with a 5,000mAh battery. To further separate it from their latest flagship devices, the S30 only has a 33W fast charging instead of 66W. It will also still ship with Android 11 instead of the newer Android 12 but do expect the update to arrive in the coming months.
Like the X30 series, the Motorola Edge S30 will be initially available in China for a starting price of CNY1,799 (around Php14,200) for the 6GB/128GB model, CNY1,999 (around Php15,800) for the 8GB/128GB, CNY2,199 (around Php17,400) for the 8GB/256GB, while the 12GB/256GB variant is at CNY2,599 (around Php20,600). Sales start on December 21.
Motorola Edge S30 Specs
- Android 11, MyUI 2.0
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.8-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2460 x 1080 pixel resolution, 395ppi
- 144Hz adaptive refresh rate, 576Hz touch sampling, HDR10
- 2.99GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 Plus octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB/12GB RAM
- Adreno 660 GPU
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, non-expandable
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 108-megapixel (f/1.9, PDAF) + 13-megapixel (f/2.2, ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, dual-LED flash
- Loudspeaker, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 168.1 x 75.5 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 202g
- Colors: Phantom Black, Glacier Blue
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 33W wired fast charging