Lenovo is expanding its smartphone offering with a new gaming smartphone, the Legion Y90.
The Lenovo Legion Y90 is powered by a Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor — no surprises there. But, the main highlight here is that the top-of-the-line variant has a dual-storage feature. It will come with 512GB UFS and 128GB SSD of storage in RAID 0. That’s a total of 640GB.
Why does it have an SSD? Well, possibly for improved read speeds. Also, why not?
Moving on, this top-tier variant is joined by an equally generous 18GB of RAM. Also available are 12GB and 16GB of RAM options, both with 256GB of storage.
It also comes with dual cooling fans, like the Legion Phone Duel 2, but with the placing less flamboyant. Still, the Legion logo is still lit by RGB.
Like a lot of gaming phones, the Legion Y90 has two shoulder buttons on each side acting as the L1, L2, R1, and R2 buttons, while the display has pressure-sensitive zones on each side acting as the L3 and R3 keys.
Speaking of which, the Legion Y90 has one of the most feature-packed displays around. It’s large at 6.92-inches, colorful with its Samsung AMOLED panel, and ultra-fast with its 144Hz refresh rate.
If those are not enough, the display also has been calibrated to Delta E <0.6, has HDR10+, TUV Rheinland certification, and 1300-nits peak brightness.
Audio is handled by the stereo speaker setup with Dolby Atmos technology.
Keeping the lights on for this monstrosity is a decent 5,600mAh battery, which is paired with a 68W charger that can get the device from 0 to 100% in just 35 minutes.
The Lenovo Legion Y90 has a price of CNY4,299 (around Php34,900), CNY4,599 (around Php37,400), and CNY5,299 (around Php43,100) for the 12GB/256GB, 16GB/256GB, and 18GB/640GB models, respectively. They will all be available in China starting March 10.
Lenovo Legion Y90 Specs
- Android 12, ZUI 13
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.92-inch FHD+ AMOLED E4 display, 2460 x 1080 pixel resolution, 388ppi
- 144Hz refresh rate, 720Hz touch sampling
- HDR10+, 1300-nits peak brightness
- 3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 octa-core processor
- Dual cooling fans
- 12GB/16GB/18GB RAM
- Adreno 730 GPU
- 256GB/640GB (512GB UFS + 128GB SSD) internal storage, non-expandable
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 64-megapixel (f/1.9, PDAF) + 13-megapixel (ultra-wide) rear cameras, dual-LED flash
- Under-display fingerprint scanner
- 4x shoulder triggers, 2x pressure sensitive zones on the display
- Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- No headphone jack
- Dual Z-axis linear motors
- RGB logo
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- dual-band GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- 2x USB Type-C ports
- Dimensions: 177 x 78.4 x 10.1mm
- Weight: 252g
- Colors: Gray
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 68W fast charging