After partnering with a lot of smartphone brands, Leica has finally introduced its own. Meet the Leitz Phone 1.
Sadly, it’s not an entirely new device. The Leica Leitz Phone 1 uses a couple hardware from the Sharp Aquos R6. Like the former, this new one is going to be exclusive in Japan through SoftBank.
The only thing new here is the design with a large camera bump on the back with the fancy Leica logo. It houses a whopping 1-inch camera sensor with a 19mm focal length.
Other than that, everything is the same. There’s a 6.6-inch IGZO OLED screen, Snapdragon 888 flagship processor, 12GB/256GB configuration, and 5,000mAh battery. You can check the full specs list below.
The Leitz Phone 1 has a price of JPY187,920 (around Php82,000) and will be up for pre-order in Japan this June 18.
Leica Leitz Phone 1 Specs
- Android 11
- Dual SIM
- 6.67-inch WUXGA+ IGZO OLED display, 2730 x 1260 pixel resolution, 450ppi
- 1Hz-240Hz dynamic refresh rate
- 2.84GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 octa-core processor
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Adreno 660 GPU
- 128GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 1TB
- 12-megapixel front camera
- 20-megapixel (1-inch sensor, f/1.9, EIS) + 12-megapixel (ToF) rear cameras, LED flash
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- Dedicated Google button
- Water and dust proof
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6e, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 162 x 74 x 9.5mm
- Weight: 207g
- Colors: Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery