Vivo’s iQOO brand released a new high-refresh-rate, super-sharp-camera budget smartphone, the U5.
The iQOO U5 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 processor, a chip first used by the Honor X30 that came out about a week ago. Since it’s first coming out in China, it will ship with the brand’s OriginOS, an interface based on Android 12.
More than that, the rest of the specs sheet looks pretty packed. We’re talking about an ultra-fast 120Hz refresh rate for its 6.58-inch FHD+ screen, a very sharp 50-megapixel main camera, a large 5,000mAh battery, and of course, 5G connectivity. It also has a five-layer cooling system to keep the temps down if you’re heavy gaming.
The third half of the features look pretty basic for a mid-range phone. There’s the 18W charger, 8-megapixel selfie camera, 2-megapixel secondary rear sensor, and a single 128GB storage option. Albeit, it does come with three different RAM options.
That said, the 4GB model retails for CNY1,299 (around Php10,200), CNY,1,399 (around Php10,900) for the 6GB, and CNY1,499 (around Php11,800) for the top-tier 8GB model. It will be available in China at the first day of 2022, while release details in other markets are yet to be announced.
iQOO U5 Specs
- Android 12-based OriginOS
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.58-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2408 x 1080 pixel resolution, 401ppi
- 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB/8GB RAM
- Adreno 619 GPU
- 128GB UFS 2.2 internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 50-emgapixel + 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164 x 75.8 x 8.3mm
- Weight: 185g
- Colors: Aurora, Gray, White
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging