Huawei debuts the new Nova Y60 in South Africa.
The new Huawei Nova Y60 is a phone geared towards the entry-level market with its MediaTek Helio P35 octa-core processor. There’s a 6.6-inch HD+ screen on the front, which is a tad bit larger than the standard.
Like most budget phones, it has a big 5,000mAh battery and an 8-megapixel selfie camera. There’s also a 13-megapixel main shooter on the back. Huawei also managed to squeeze in an ultra-wide lens but only with a 5-megapixel sensor.
Like its other releases, it doesn’t come with Google Mobile Services (GMS), so you’d be relying on Huawei’s own ecosystem of software. The operating system is a bit outdated as it runs on Android 10-based EMUI 11.0.1.
The Huawei Nova Y60 has a price of ZAR3,099 (around Php10,400). It’s now available in South Africa while release details in other countries are yet to be known.
Huawei Nova Y60 Specs
- Android 10, EMUI 11.0.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.6-inch HD+ IPS display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, ~265ppi
- 2.3GHz MediaTek Helio P35 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 64GB internal storage, expandable storage via microSD up to 512GB
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel (f/1.8) + 5-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 165.26 x 76.02 x 9.2mm
- Weight: 185g
- Colors: Crush Green, Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 10W charging