Huawei has subtly launched the new Mate 40E Pro in China.
The Huawei Mate 40E Pro looks a lot like the standard Mate 40 Pro both in the inside and the outside. It still has a 6.76-inch OLED screen, 4,400mAh battery, 66W wired and 50W wireless charging.
We also have a similar design on the back. There’s the curved screen on the front with a pill-shaped notch for the selfie camera and 3D sensor for the face unlock. On the back, there’s the same circular glass that holds the same camera setup.
So, what’s different here? From what it looks like, the only thing that’s been changed is the processor. What we have here is a Kirin 9000L chipset, which only has six cores, versus the Mate 40 Pro with its Kirin 9000 chip that has the regular core count: eight.
The Huawei Mate 40E Pro only comes in a single variant, 8GB/256GB, which retails for CNY6,499 (around Php53,200) in China.
Huawei Mate 40E Pro Specs
- HarmonyOS 2
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.76-inch FHD+ OLED display, 2772 x 1344 pixel resolution, 455ppi
- 90Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling
- 3.13GHz Kirin 9000L hexa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- Mali-G78 GPU
- 256GB internal storage, expandable via NM card
- 13-megapixel front camera + 3D sensor front cameras
- 50-megapixel (f/1.9) + 20-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 12-megapixel (telephoto, OIS) rear cameras, LED flash
- IP68 water and dust resistant
- In-display fingerprint scanner, 3D face unlock
- Stereo speakers
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- dual-band GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC, BDS
- IR blaster
- USB Type-C
- Colors: Purple, White, Black
- 4,400mAh non-removable battery, 66W wired fast charging, 50W wireless charging