Honor announces a refresh to its popular Play line with the new Play 30 Plus.
The new Honor Play 30 Plus is a cheaper option than the Honor X30, a midrange phone that it came out with. This one swaps the Snapdragon 695 chip with a MediaTek Dimensity 700 processor. The display is smaller and slower too at 6.7-inches with a 90Hz refresh rate.
Other than that, it looks like the Play 30 Plus is a decent budget device. It has a standard 5,000mAh battery with 22.5W charging. Plus, a modern Honor design with two circular glass on the back for the cameras.
However, the camera sensors themselves do prove that it’s indeed a budget device. It only has a 13-megapixel main camera, 2-megapixel depth sensor, and a 5-megapixel shooter for selfies.
That said, the Honor Play 30 Plus starts at only CNY1,099 (around Php8,600), while the X30 begins at CNY1,499 (around Php11,800). That’s for the 4GB/128GB model, while the top-of-the-line 8GB/128GB variant is at CNY1,499. Sales will begin in China this December 31.
Honor Play 30 Plus Specs
- Android 11, Magic UI 5.0
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.74-inch HD+ IPS display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, 260ppi
- 2.2GHz MediaTek Dimensity 700 octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB/8GB RAM
- Mali-G56 MC2 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 5-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Single loudspeaker, Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 167.6 x 77.2 x 8.6mm
- Weight: 198g
- Colors: Gold, Silver, Blue, Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 22.5W fast charging