Energizer keeps up with the times and released its first 5G phone, the new Energizer Hard Case G5. No, not “Hard Case 5G’, but “Hard Case G5”.
That said, the Energizer Hard Case G5 is not your regular 5G phone. It’s physically thick as it’s made up of several solid industrial rubber layers, making it shock resistant and survives being dropped from up to 1.2m.
It also has a special material that makes it resistant to electrostatic shocks. Of course, there’s the IP69 dust and water resistance rating. It’s been hermetically sealed so that you can drop it in 4ft of water for half an hour, and it will be fine.
Another cool feature is the 20-megapixel night camera, similar to what the Doogee S96 Pro has. It comes with an infrared illuminator to see in the dark.
The rest of the specs is pretty standard but not too boring. We have a 6.3-inch FHD+ screen, a 5,000mAh battery, 48-megapixel main camera, and an 8-megapixel sensor for selfies.
To ensure no water can penetrate, the Hard Case G5 lacks a headphone jack and comes with waterproof speakers.
The Energizer Hard Case G5 has a price of USD599 (around Php29,400) and shall be available in October at the earliest. The brand also said that more Energizer 5G devices are coming soon.
Energizer Hard Case G5
- Android 11
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.3-inch FHD+ LCD display
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- MediaTek Dimensity 720 octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM
- Mali-G57 MC3 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel + 13-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 20-megapixel (night vision) rear cameras, LED flash
- IP69 water and dust resistant
- Shock resistant up to 4 feet
- Electrostatic shock resistant
- No headphone jack, Waterproof speaker
- HSPA, 4G LTE, 5G
- FM Radio
- USB Type-C
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery